July 30, 2007

A Busy Weekend

I hope you had a nice weekend. We did; well, it was productive anyway.

Daddy told us he'd be out of town on business Friday through Sunday. I made a list (this pregnancy is REALLY kicking in my love for lists... yes, I am a nerd) of what I wanted to accomplish, and I am proud to say I got even more done than I had wanted. I am thrilled. So, my weekend accomplishment list stands thus:


  • Hang smoke detector with new battery
  • Wash, fold, and put away 3 loads of laundry
  • Vacuum the entire downstairs and the stairs
  • Empty garbage throughout the house
  • Clean 2 main bathrooms
  • Comet scrub the kitchen sink and countertops
  • REPAINT the back hall (2 coats)
  • REPAINT the dining room (primer plus 2 coats)
  • Embroider an "M"
  • Pull *some* weeds in back rose garden
  • Bring white lamp downstairs for baby sister's room
  • Bring bassinet down from attic
  • Hang sheers in master bedroom

The boys had a big movie watching weekend. I hate those, but they love them. When Saturday evening rolled around, I had 4 hours to wait while the first coat was drying in the dining room, so I took the boys to McDonald's for sundaes. It wasn't much, but it was something.

My husband got home yesterday afternoon and after dinner, suprised me by knocking out the installation of the new hose sprayer in the kitchen sink. That sucker had been broken for about 6 months and it was on his Honey, Do list for sure. But I didn't expect it this weekend. A GREAT surprise. I love it. And yes, it was on a *different* list, which I will now check off.



Also, I discovered that I GREATLY DISLIKE scrapbook pages in 8.5x11 format, when designed by me. *PUKE* I'm sending my new Modern American Crafts albums back and reordering 8x8 size. What the CRAP was I thinking??? Of course this means I have to reformat 28 pages back into 8x8, but it wouldn't be my life if I wasn't re-doing something.


Here's the new dining room



And, there is this, which I free-stitched for a special surprise project

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the color in the dining room. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!!

    I really love the M too! ; )

    ReplyDelete