September 28, 2007

Welcome, Baby

Baby Mabel Rae is here. And just perfect.



Shortly after my last blog entry, we went walking at a local mall. To walk the entirety of the mall is .8 miles. We walked it 3 1/2 times. I had contractions the entire time and decided to call my doctor's office for their advice, considering it appeared to be yet another day of timeable contractions lasting hours and not really doing anything. I was so frustrated and wanted some control over the situation. So, I went into the office and was 5 cms, 90% effaced and -1/0 station. We all agreed that I would check into the hospital that afternoon and try to tip the scales of labor by breaking my bag of water.


We came home, showered, called the relatives and checked into the hospital at 5pm. We walked around and tried to get things increasing on their own until 8pm. The doctor broke my water at 8:20pm. By 9:50, I was in hard labor and 7-8 cms and "stretchy." Holy moly! By 10:40 I was pushing... and at 10:48, she arrived! Fast and furious!






Mabel Rae
Born Wednesday, September 26 at 10:48 pm
8 lbs 2 oz
20 1/2 inches







I am so proud to say that I did it again without any pain meds... but I didn't do it alone. I also had a serious moment of doubt there sometime before they told me I was 7-8. I really was ready to give up, but I did it! And the doula was great. And that birth ball, also great. This labor was so different. It was fast, like a freight train. I just had to hang on.


2 comments:

  1. She's adorable! Congratulations I'm so happy for you!!
    (I have that same car seat and the matching stroller!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!!! She is just breath taking! Oh how I wish I was there to "snarffle her with kisses" to use the words of a wise woman I know! I can't wait to hold her. She is just....BEAUTIFUL! Give her lots of kisses from Auntie Lulu! I need to see some feet pictures ; )

    Love you all!

    ReplyDelete