October 18, 2007

A Prayer Request

There is something about my Lulu (a.k.a. my other self in best friend form, who lives in South Dakota) that connects us. Like a visceral soul mate. She is my other. She and I have shared so much and too much and now... there is even more.

We have been through 10 pregnancies (and several losses) between us. We miscarried at exactly 12 weeks - each of us - on the very same day. If that wasn't enough, our loss was due to severe Down's Syndrome... and just this past May, my Lulu's baby boy was blessed with Down's Syndrome. We were both less than 30 when this happened - what are the odds? The odds are certain that God placed us in each other's path for a reason.

My 38 yr old brother in law just had surgery for a diaphragmatic hernia - very rare in adults. Just as I was saying my prayers that he'd come through sugery safely this afternoon, my Lulu called me to say that baby Jonas was diagnosed this morning with a diaphragmatic hernia. Yes, I'm serious.

So, please join me in sending soothing and peaceful prayers for a safe surgery and fast, easy recovery for baby Jonas (and my brother in law made it through just fine). Please visit their blog for more details - http://churchillchronicles.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Love you Rachelle!!! We certainly have juju ; ) There is no one else I'd rather share all this craziness with.

    your Lulu

    ReplyDelete