I guess you could say that I've set about to figure myself out all over again. I don't know how long it's going to take me - an ongoing process, probably. It's important and good for me. It's good for my kids. I hope it will force me to do things to take care of myself on a regular basis (I'm making a hair appointment soon!). I think doing the 52-week thankful binder over the course of the next year will help as well.
I also remembered that Elsie Flannigan had a famous questionnaire on her blog, originally penned by Bernard Pivot. Here are those questions, answered by me.
- What is your favorite word? Today, it's "faith." It means SO much to me. "Mother" is a wonderful word, too. Incidentally, it also works beautifully (in some situations) with #5 as well. Oooh - and "Dude"- I use that one a LOT.
- What is your least favorite word? "Psychotic." It's an ugly, ugly word.
- What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Creatively: Seeing someone else's memory keeping stash - like Emily or Cathy's thankful book I just mentioned... pictures of someone else's home decor. Spiritually: My best friend, Lulu... the fond and deep memories I have of my upbringing in a Christian environment. Emotionally: I find emotion in all types of things, some of them happy and some of them sad... Most things that I find intertwined with love and relationships with people are chock full of emotion... I am perfectly capable of displaying every emotion that exists within one single conversation.
- What turns you off? Lack of accountability, dishonesty, poor ethics/morals (yes, that makes me judgemental by accident)
- What is your favorite curse word? This is a no-brainer... the F bomb, of course. :) I find it to be a noun, a verb, and an adjective all at once - that's one effective word!
- What sound or noise do you love? Right now, the sounds my daughter makes while she's sleeping - it's a cross between snoring, breathing, and cooing and it's the most darling and relaxing sound I know.
- What sound or noise do you hate? The noise my boys make when they're fighting - like really onto each other about something stolen, unfair, or mean. It makes me sad that siblings must be so mean to one another sometimes.
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? I've always pretended to be a doctor. :) Realistically, I could teach if I went back and got my teaching certificate. I could also work somewhere in marketing, which I would also love. I am a chameleon, I tell ya.
- What profession would you not like to do? General manager or big shot at a big company. Big headache - no thank you. I would also not want to deal with anything that included abuse, neglect, or harm towards children.
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? It does exist. "Welcome home."
Some others I thought of just for fun:
- Favorite color? I have a hard time with this simple question. I'll narrow it down to pink and orange - I can't pick just one!
- Favorite flower? Gerbera daisies.
- Longtime ambition? To be a wonderful mother. To succeed in raising my children to be moral, faithful, and compassionate people full of love, understanding, and creativity.
- With millions of dollars, what would you do? The obvious - pay off all of my bills and put money aside for the kids to go to Harvard if they want to. I'd buy a small house in a great neighborhood and pay for a lawn service. I'd put money aside for my retirement and my mother's retirement. I'd buy Lulu and Rog a big house with plenty of romper room. I'd take my kids, my best friend and her family, and my mother to Disneyworld. I'd take my mother to Holland to revisit where I was born. Lulu and I would spend a holiday in London trying to hunt down the entire cast of Love Actually. I'd also quit my job so that I could finally be a stay at home mom.
- Name one of the most influential people in your life. I choose 3. First, my mother. She raised me to be wholesome and naive in a good way, to not be ashamed of holding my head up and taking the high road. Class. She taught me to love Jesus and to go to Him with my every fault, blessing, and need. She taught me to be a wonderful mother and a great housekeeper, lol. Second, my best friend, Lulu. She appeared in my life by the hand of God. She is an absolute angel on this Earth. She inspires me to be a better woman, a better scrapbooker, a better mother, and a better Christian. She is inherently good and generous and I love surrounding myself with her friendship and love. Thirdly, my BeckAY. She has an extremely good and generous heart. She loves me for who I am and I love her right back. She (I hope) will help me to reinitiate operation: thong and reteach me how to be a single gal again, should I need that.
- Favorite television show? Grey's Anatomy, hands down. I also love Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and those true-life forensic investigation shows on Bio/A&E/Discovery channel. Oh, Dude - I almost forgot about The Golden Girls!
- Best compliment anyone ever gave you? I love that my best friend told me that my class was showing. Both of my best girls told me once that I was "funny ha-ha". I love to make them both laugh - makes me feel like I have been able to fill them up with a small ounce of the same joy that they give me.
I'm tagging Lulu. :)
That's it for today.