July 1, 2008

Toy WIPs and the West

Sorry for the tardiness in blogging, everyone. Truly sorry, truly sorry.

Andy has been on my case for a long time to make him some (more) stuffed friends. At 5, he is still obsessed (OBSESSED) with his stuffed animals. They all have names and occupations. I think he believes he needs one of each type of animal in order to feel a sense of completeness. He's like Noah.

Anyway, we spied Martha Stewart talking about a book called Sock and Glove on her show last week, ordered it, and I promptly made a bear out of a pair of orange gardening gloves. He looks like he spent some time on the operating table. He's... weird. Andy humored my efforts of love-by-hand sewing and slept with him for a few nights, then passed him off to Trevor, who has since sat him on the bookshelt. Like a knife in the heart. Just kidding.

So I went to JoAnn's... I can't even remember why. While I was there I found a different book, which held the diamonds and pearls of wisdom in toy making. So, that's what I've been up to for over a week. Solid. Until the wee hours and my eyes are bulging out from staring at itty bitty tiny threads. By hand, People. HAND. Only the three sock friends I made last week are so freaking adorable I can't stand it. The boys are fighting over who gets them. I wanted to sell them on Etsy, but I may keep them. Not sure.

And the dolls. There are dolls. I am making four right now. In fact, I just popped on for a second to tell you that I'm sorry I haven't posted and to whine about being gloriously creative and knee-deep in poly-fill (had to use up what I had). I have to reproportion 7 legs and 4 arms tonight, stuff bodies and start on hair. And I have like 4 outfits to make by Friday or my little Maddy is not even going to realize how disappointed she is. :(

So, off I go! Pictures of the WIPs will come soon.

PS - the kids and I are heading WEST - to the Plains, People - to visit Aunt Lulu for almost two weeks. We leave at the end of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment