August 4, 2008

We're Baaaaack

The kids and I traveled back to SD this past weekend for another vacation. The boys made the trip well but were a bit... noisier this time around. After 12 hours Trevor asked if we could please drive somewhere with less corn. Andy then poked him in the back of the head.

Mabel was also less sedate during this trip. She was also less constipated. Ask all the patrons of a Perkins in Winona, Minnesota. That was some good fun.

Anyway, we are back in Da Plains. We'll be here for 2 or 3 weeks. Pool time is planned. Pictures, sewing, whatever we can work in and work on. And Mr. Andy Roo turns 6 in 2 weeks so there will be celebrating with friends.

And if you all are curious and worried about me since I clearly haven't talked a lot about job hunting, please be assured I am still doing it. The Lord is working in my life right now and I have realized I am along for the ride. I hope to share more on that soon.


*P.S.* - If you are inclined, please say a prayer for little Thomas Bickle's parents. I have been reading (by blog) about Thomas' brain tumor since he was diagnosed at around 8 months old. The cancer returned this past year and little Thomas died a few days ago in his father's arms. I cannot stop thinking about them, about their loss and God's gain. About the sheer terror of the thought of losing a child. Please pray for his parents to have peace and comfort right now. Lift them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment