October 26, 2008

Halloween is coming, Part 2

Halloween is coming. That means costumes.


Trevor wants to be a troll. Actually, that's not entirely true; he wants to be a ninja, which I will not allow. Ninjas are too violent. A troll costume necessitated a large overcoat (scored at Savers for $9), a wig chopped all to heck, and some white face paint. We're also going to tie a pillow on his back and give him a walking stick.


Andy wants to be a puppy. As in when he grows up. So I found a used bunny costume (at Goodwill for $4) to turn into a puppy outfit. I removed the head, feet, and tail and added black spots. Then I used earmuffs and fashioned puppy ears that would also keep his ears warm while out trick-or-treating. Though not finished, he insisted on modeling them for you.





Mabel is going to be a lamb. I found a black sweatsuit and sewed rolled polyfill on the front and back for wool. Then I made a hat (actually the one Andy is wearing in his picture) that included little lamb ears and when I put it on her, she was cute enough to eat!




She didn't think so.





I don't think I'm going to dress up this year for trick-or-treating, but if I were, I'd be the Virgin Mary.

No comments:

Post a Comment