October 2, 2008

Moving and Homemade Chocolate Sauce

I am waiting to hear back from my moving company, who just told me that they won't be delivering my household goods until the 13th or 14th of October. Holy Freaking CRAP. This is more than unacceptable and I am hopeful that the company I am paying to move my goods can negotiate this date with the driver. Or let me at him with a weapon, one or the other. So while I am waiting, I am reading Beauty That Moves' blog.

Where I discovered this yummy recipe that I plan to use instead of the pricey bottled stuff (not to mention the hydrogenated oils and unknowns listed in the bottled stuff's ingredients). Taken straight from BTM's blog:

Homemade Chocolate Sauce
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
splash of vanilla extract

Sift cocoa and sugar into saucepan, add water. Heat, whisking often until it comes to a boil. Let it simmer for a couple minutes. Add vanilla, turn off heat and stir. Cool for a bit and bottle it up! Store in the refrigerator and shake before each use.

No comments:

Post a Comment