October 27, 2008

Still Praying for The Nielsons

If my prayer request has inspired anyone to read more about Stephanie and Christian Nielson, I am glad. They need our continued prayers. Christian has been released from the hospital for rehabilitation and Stephanie is finally being brought out of her medically-induced coma, since their plane crash in August. Stephanie's burns (to more than 80% of her body) are slowly healing, but she will be hospitalized until December, with decades of rehab and dozens of surgeries ahead of her.

I have stopped several times recently to think about them, particularly the all-consuming, romantic, snuggly love Stephanie and Christian have for one another. That inspires me; I want it. I think about their kids, being raised by family while their parents recover, and I am grateful to have 3 of my own.

If you are still following this story (and if you want to, catch up with her sister Courtney's blog here.), please read this amazing update. It's a bit long but gives more detail in one place than I've seen before:

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2008/10/26/20081026sisters1026a1.html

Keep fighting, Nie Nie and Mr. Nielson! You are so inspiring and we're praying prayers of comfort, grace, and healing for all of you!

1 comment:

  1. Because of you, I have been praying for them and their beautiful family. I can see why so many Mom's follower her blog. It took me weeks, but I think I read all her past posts. I believe in prayer, so thanks for passing the word so many weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete