January 30, 2009

Hubba Hubba, Yee Haw

No photos of the Chinese New Year festivities. Have you ever taken a photo of Chinese take-out? Try it. Doesn't do the food justice in any way. The boys did like the chicken and rice. Trevor learned he likes soy sauce. Andy asked for "the brown chicken" for four days (which is way longer than it lasted). It was a fun way to expose them to new food.




*******************************************************************************



On Tuesday, a very wonderful movie was released to DVD. If you are looking for an inspirational film, watch Fireproof. Watch it with your spouse, or your boyfriend.




Watch it twice. With tissues. Because you will sob your frickin' eyeballs out. The message in this movie is profound. The story of faith is amazing. And also, Kirk Cameron is in it - and I don't know about you, but I had 216 posters of Kirk on my walls as a teenager. Hubba hubba. And in this movie, he's the whole package. I am praying God brings the whole package into my life.

I've been culling through the junk around here lately. There's not much - I'm proud to say, but there is some. I need to go through my closet, the hall closet, and the boys' clothing. They have grown out of some duds that need to go to Goodwill. I did take one load of goodies to Goodwill already this week. Can you believe that Mabel's high chair (which I bought for $5) was put right back out on the floor while we were there - for $20? Too funny. She's grown out of the baby style hair chair, so we've been using a restaurant style chair for a couple of weeks. Much better.


I'm also on a mission to reorganize and decorate the family room/play room downstairs this weekend. I already have the shelving, pictures, etc. - just need to put it all together for the boys. I also plan on going through my closet to evaluate what should stay and what should go (have I worn it this year? would I buy it again?) and to hang up the new that accidentally found its way into my house today. It's been a long time since I've really shopped for myself. It wasn't as relaxing as a massage, but with Mabel in tow, it had to do.

I started cutting fabric for my next quilt this week. This one will be about 100" x 100", which is smack in between queen and king size. Perfect. Remember, I plan on layering these on my bed in the wintertime, so I don't really care if it's not exactly the usual size. More to share on that soon.


Also this week, I finished Charlaine Harris' second book in the Sookie Stackhouse vampire series. I've read through them all before, but am reading them again. Good stuff. After I zip through these, I'll start Mary Janice Davidson's Betsy series. I would have told you adamantly that I didn't like vampire books last year, but whoa, Nelly. My taste has changed.


On tap for this weekend: my aunt Barb's delicious chocolate chip cookies and nachos to share at a church Superbowl party. Yee-haw!

No comments:

Post a Comment