January 10, 2009

A Late December


I'm not quite a month late, so I can still do a Christmas post, right? No? Well, let's just call this an all-inclusive December medley then, shall we?


********************



First, I give you "The Holiday Zoobilee."




Can't see Andy? He's the penguin in the middle wearing a blue Tshirt. Next to the kid wearing a SUIT AND TIE. I did not send him out of the house in a Tshirt; I sent him out wearing a nice sweater on TOP of this Tshirt. His teacher said that as soon as I was out of sight, he stripped. Crazy child, but incredibly cute as a little penguin.







Don't ask me what kind of instrument that thing is. And, again, right next to the kid in the suit and tie. *Hangs head.*





Trevor was a leopard.





A leopard, playing triangle.




Good times.




******************************

I found a great sale at the fabric store in December. The thread was so pretty, I had to take a picture. Just having these sitting on the dresser in the living room makes me feel inspired to sew. I need to handsew something soon. And I want to knit; it's been years since I've knit.





In feeling very homey before Christmas, I also made a homemade chicken pot pie. I know everyone has variations (and Mindy's is delicious with cheese!), but this is mine: Poached chicken, blanched/boiled FRESH vegetables, and a roux to pour on top of the mixture.

Mabel observes while it bakes:



She observed for a looooong time.


********************

For my birthday, Mindy gifted me another season of The Golden Girls and a slumber party. We invited a German, wore our hair in ponytails, did a facial mask, and watched hours of The Office. Total fun. (Note my incredibly cute new glasses.)




********************
Santa Claus came to our house early because we were going to Ohio for the actual holiday. Andy very much loved his new school desk (that I found for $5 at Goodwill).

Mabel was very appreciative of her new baby doll.





And Trevor, well, as you can see, Trevor loved his DS games.



I also managed to hammer out two flannel and cotton scarves, one for each of them, the night before Santa came.

All in all, a very productive December.

No comments:

Post a Comment