February 25, 2009

Mountain Baby Blankets Update

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Thank you for helping send baby blankets to teen moms in Appalachian Kentucky. Thank you for being a part of a grassroots movement designed to warm the bodies and the hearts of poverty-stricken children. You are doing a very good thing and I am proud to be working with each of you to do it.

On to the pictures!

From Jenn Olson:


from Dee Mooneyham:





from Lynn Shaw:


and these are in addition to the 12 receiving blankets by Cathy Holt.

Holy cow.

Look at these beauties!

I don't have all of the pictures yet, but I have a list going and so far, 24 blankets have been sent to the Christian Appalachian Project on behalf of Mountain Baby Blankets. Thank you, Ladies! It is amazing.
A kind gal set up a Mountain Baby Blankets friend group on Facebook, so be sure to look for it there.
Also, I have set up a Flikr group, where we can all post photos of the blankets we send. You may upload them there directly instead of emailing them to me if you'd like. Find it here.

6 comments:

  1. They look great. I'm working on one right now so that I can get the address of where to send it or them. I was just coming to your sight to see when the due date is. I'm very excited to be a part of this. Thanks for your instructions on the button. I haven't figured it out yet but I appreciate your help. Have a great day!!!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! What talent! Can't wait to get mine made and mailed. Thanks Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this. is. awesome.
    :D

    headed over to join the flickr group now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Cow!!!! You are Enfuego!!! I'm so proud of you!!! You rule, single mom with a mission AND a ministry!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy Cow is right. Those are great quilts. Just warm and comfy and beautiful!!! Great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing, I will bookmark and be back again

    Baby Blankets

    ReplyDelete