February 9, 2009

The Real Report, and a Jar

Whew. I was ranting and raving and making all kinds of plans on Friday, wasn't I? Jeesh. Bite off more than I can chew much? Man. Jeesh. *Ahem.* Instead, the end of the day Friday hit me a little more firmly than I expected. I really was exhausted. I needed rest and The Golden Girls.



On Friday night we did not have homemade pizza or spaghetti. We ordered a cheese (for the kids) and vegetable (Moo and me) pizza and greasy garlic cheesebread and it was gooooooood. I finished the scarf.



Saturday brought two trips to the post office. Four loads of laundry. A trip to the thrift store (which led to $4 spent on an adorable blue kids chair). The boys finally picked up their matchbox cars and Mabel did get a bath. We had company for the night, too.



On Sunday I made Pioneer Woman's Cauliflower Soup after church. It is delicious. I did not make any cookies. While I cooked, Trevor ate raw cauliflower until he almost popped (why will he not eat a cooked vegetable???) and worked on his Valentines box. It was a quiet afternoon, really. I vacuumed and mopped the floors, and planned my meals for the week. I decided to wait until I need laundry detergent to make some, but I did restock my homemade dishwashing detergent (minus a bit of Borax to cut down on the film). While we were watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition, I worked on 110 quilting squares and got things ready for takeoff this morning.

It turned out to be both a productive AND a relaxing weekend. Nice.






**********************************************************





I was poking around my favorite blogs this morning and I came across an idea for the second time on Inchmark.





This lovely old spaghetti jar of hers has become a holder for all things darling that her children say, written quickly on whatever scrap of paper she has lying around. I love this. I think it would be cute for the children to sneak a note to mom into this jar as well (my Andy leaves me notes often, sneaking them into my prayer journal or grocery list - the last one said, "Dear Mom, I love Mom. Mom is cool. I have a dog. LOL!).

A couple of years ago I made some folders to use for this exact purpose. I made one for each of my kids and each of Mindy's. But for whatever reason, the adorable folders never got used past the first week. Now I wish so much that they had. Kids say the most darling things. Trevor says, "djrump" instead of "jump." Even now. He also says, "huse" instead of "use." But there is so much I can't recall of his little boy cuteness.

I am going to retry this with a spaghetti jar. I don't want to forget ANYTHING.

No comments:

Post a Comment