March 23, 2009

The Elusive Cathedral Window Quilt Tutorial

Oh, Heaven help me.







Help, help me, Rhonda.


This is biting off more than I can chew. No doubt about it. But I kinda have to. It's in the fiber of my being (to bite off more than I can chew). My Aunt Mary made a king-sized cathedral window quilt for my parents when I was young. It was stunning. When my father died the quilt went to one of my step-brothers, whom I hope is sleeping under it to this very day. The quilt was absolutely stunning. I miss it.

This pattern is breath-taking. Tantamount. An accomplishment, like climbing Mount Everest (or I always thought of it as this difficult).


Folks, I have found a tutorial that seems - dare I say it - a bit easy. Tedious, certainly, but not as hard as I'd imagined. I can't promise it will be soon, but I definitely gotta make me one of these!


Enjoy!


Thank you, Hyena In Petticoats!

2 comments:

  1. Heading over to check it out. You are right...they are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry, but I had to laugh when I first saw this!! I thought it was a quilt made out of underwire bras ;-) Does anyone else see that, or is it just my crazy imagination?!

    ReplyDelete