April 24, 2009

Love Is Not A Fight

Oh, go watch this one as well. It will change you if you let it, I promise. Grab a tissue first.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aivAVbmUQ7U&feature=related

(I couldn't embed this one - just click on the link above to watch the video. It is AMAZING.)



Love Is Not A Fight
by Warren Barfield


Love is not a place
To come and go as we please
It's a house we enter in
And then commit to never leave.

So Lock the door behind you.
Throw away the key.
We'll work it out together
Let it bring us to our knees.

Love is a shelter in the raging storm.
Love is peace in the middle of a war.
If we try to leave, may God send His angels to guard the door.
No, love is not a fight but it's something worth fighting for.

To some, love is a word
That they can fall into,
But when they're falling out
Keeping that word is hard to do.

Love will come to save us,
If we'll only call.
He will ask nothing of us,
But demand we give our all.

I will fight for you.
Would you fight for me?
It's worth fighting for.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel, I came upon your blog while looking at Nettie's log cabin quilt. I am touched by your story...and I think all I can say is your heart is definitely in the right place! I have marked your Etsy shop for the next time I need a gift. xo Pam in Chico

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that song and loved that movie! It brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it. Hang in there...it will be worth it.

    ReplyDelete