April 27, 2009

ONE YEAR AGO: A Small Hiccup

My post from one year ago...

April 28, 2008

Sorry I didn't post much last week. I was busy. Midweek I checked craigslist and found an adorable house for rent nearby. I checked it out and I couldn't believe it was so affordable, in the exact school district I wanted for the kids, AND it had FOUR bedrooms. And a backyard. And a dining room. I told the kids and started dreaming of decorating their rooms. I met with the landlord and we made a deal. I set an appointment to pay the security deposit on Saturday.

But on Friday, I lost my job.

There. I said it.

This was something I was expecting in January - not now! My severance isn't that great, but I've decided to look at this as an opportunity. Clearly God wants me working somewhere else. And you know what? Another mom in Moo's Christian daycare is the head of HR for a large, local company. She already called me. I am saying SO many prayers that God will lead me to this opportunity. If it happens quick enough, I can still get the house. The landlord has agreed to hold it for a couple of weeks.

So, if you're inclined to and you enjoy my blogging :) - please PRAY. Please pray I find a great job. And soon.I'll be back later this week to share some pics of the kiddos and a few scrapbook pages as well.



That was a year ago. Isn't it amazing how God works? "Somewhere else" was here, in South Dakota. God has brought us so many blessings in the past year and we are tremendously thankful. I am also humbled at reading where I was just one year ago.

2 comments:

  1. Rachel, I'll definitely be praying...that the Lord will lead you to the perfect job...that the house will wait for you, and that you and your little ones will have peace during this time of transition. He's got the whole world in His hands...and that means you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When one door closes, another opens. That is what my mother says. I am confident it will work out. I will most certainly keep you in my thoughts and prayers because no single mother deserves to have all these obstacles thrown at her when all she wants to do is raise her children. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete