April 28, 2009

Stuck In The Mud

I have high hopes for this week, but... I feel like I fell off of the creative wagon and got stuck in the mud.

I want desperately to scrapbook, yet can't get it together to actually unpack any of my scrapbooking notions. They are all *right there* but I haven't done it yet. I have pages swimming around in my head but I'm getting defeated before I begin. Must not be time to scratch this itch yet.

I could make up the yo-yos I want to stitch to my quilt when it comes back from my topquilter. They are already cut and waiting.

I should lay out the squares for BeckAY's quilt. I have them ready, also cut and waiting.

But...

I've got nuthin'.

Seriously.

Every evening I put the kids to bed and then just chillax for hours until I fall asleep. My energy is all used up by then. I've worked all day, ran errands, made dinner, done homework, baths, and bed. I try to do some cleaning once every evening, too - things like laundry, vacuuming, cleaning the countertops or toilets. So... to those friends of mine who STILL ask me, "how do you always get it all done?" - here's the proof that I don't.

I have been meaning to switch my purse out for about a month.

I have a pair of brown pants (on my rear end right this minute) that need re-hemming.

I need to give myself a facial and a moisturizing treatment.

I'll get to it. I promise. After I chillax some more.

2 comments:

  1. Amen. I feel exactly the same way. So much to do and not enough time or energy to do what needs/wants to be done. Keep going. Tomorrow is another day. You can do it! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to give the creative side time to recharge. It will rear its head when it is ready!

    ReplyDelete