May 11, 2009

Easy Tomato Soup Recipe

Sadly I didn't take a picture of the delicious soup I made yesterday for myself for Mother's Day. I make a lot of soup, don't I? Hmmm.... such comfort food.

There is a restaurant in town that makes the BEST tomato zucchini soup, so good I would eat it constantly. Yesterday I decided to try making it for myself (minus the zucchini, only because they didn't have a good selection). And since I was starving while I was shopping, I had to choose some easy ingredients.


Easy Tomato Soup

1 large can Campbell's Condensed Tomato Soup*
3/4 can whole milk, 1/4 can Half & Half (refilling the soup can)
1 can diced tomatoes, with the juice (next time I will use petite diced)
8 large basil leaves, chopped
1 tsp ground black pepper

Combine and simmer for as long as you can stand to wait.

THAT'S IT! I served the soup alongside grilled cheese made from bakery fingerbread and cheddar cheese. DELICIOUS.

* I absolutely love Campbell's Tomato Soup because of it's sweetness. If you have another, less sweet variety, I would suggest adding 1 tsp sugar to your soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment