May 19, 2009

Thank You For Warm Babies

Ladies, because of you and our Mountain Baby Blankets project, there will be warm babies in Kentucky this year. Little pink bellies will be swaddled up warm and tight. New teen mommies won't have to worry. Do you want to know how many won't have to worry?



281 mommies won't be worrying about chilly toes.



Seriously, there are tears in my eyes. I can't believe this. 281 blankets have been made by your loving hands and offered so generously to this cause. And there are more coming ...



A good blog friend of mine, V, lives very near the Christian Appalachian Project office and stopped by last week to drop seven more blankets that she made (thanks, V!). She gave me this report:


"I just dropped off 7 more receiving blankets today and talked to K -- she has sent 281 quilts/blankets -- had another 10 to send plus the 7 I dropped off today."



I have also been contacted by several sewing groups who are quilting for our babies. Entire groups of ladies, sitting around giving testimony and sewing up love for the babies. They will be sending dozens more blankets to the CAP for our project!



To see some of the beauty surrounding those precious Appalachian babies, click HERE to see our Flikr group.







There is no deadline for this project. If you sew, crochet, or knit and would like to make a blanket for a child in Appalachian Kentucky, please contact me.


God bless all of you. And on behalf of those 281+ babies, thank you.

4 comments:

  1. Would love to see more pictures of blankets and quilts!! Working on more as time permits. Thanks for your hard work on this great project Rachel!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...I don't know what else to say....God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear the project has received so much response and that the three quilts I sent are keeping some babies warm. A fellow worker's mother passed away and had a bunch of yarn. He passed some of the yarn on to me and I will be knitting blankets out of that yarn, send them to the project so that his mother's legacy/stash lives on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to donate a quilt or two. Could you please email me with information/mailing address/etc? smithie09@gmail.com. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete