June 5, 2009

Tagged

It's been a long time since I've done one of these.




What are your current obsessions?
Environmentally friendly household recipes. Vampire romances. Watching the Lakers and trying to educate myself on the game (bet that one shocked you).


What's for dinner?
Well, now I'm bummed because I forgot to pull something out. We'll probably have spaghetti with meat sauce. I am dreaming of grilled chicken and fresh vegetables, though.


What's the last thing you bought?
These shoes to wear to my final divorce hearing:

I'm trying very hard not to buy this:



Crap. Just ordered it. So much for that.



What are you listening to right now?
Some of the songs on my iPod:




The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face, by Johnny Cash
Broken, by Lifehouse
Breathe In, Breathe Out, by Matt Kearney
The One, by Gary Allen
Duet, by Rachael Yamagata
Turn to Stone, by Ingrid Michaelson
All Love, by Ingrid Michaelson
Trees, by Marty Casey
Rock The Cradle of Love, by Billy Idol
Personal Jesus, by Depeche Mode
Paradise City, by Guns N' Roses
Under Pressure, by Queen & Davie Bowie
Beautiful, by Goldfrapp




If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
To a campsite with my someone. On a warm evening with fireflies, a tent, and a bottle of wine.




What's your favorite quote (for now)?
Let go and let God.




What's your favorite piece of clothing in your own wardrobe?
My skinny jeans from The Buckle. Also, those red pumps up there.




What's your dream job?
I have it. I'm a mom. Though, my dream job would include the title: "Wife" again, too.




What's your worst habit?
OVERANALYZING. Why, what did you think I was going to say?




Do you admire anyone's style?
I love reading You Look Fab. I like her style a lot. I love Jennifer Aniston's style quite a bit, too.




Describe your personal style?
Uncomplicated and easy (short hair, minimal makeup). I love trends that become classics. Trouser jeans. The little black dress. A great blazer. I own a lot of black and gray, but I love to use something to jazz up a simple, modern look. You could totally catch me in a crisp, white button down with trouser jeans and lime green kitten heels. Or jeans, a Sinful tee and those red heels up there. I love the classic, modern look, but I have to make it my own. There has to be something funky. My eyeglasses, a rip or two, yellow heels, a yellow brooch. Something.




What are your favorite movies (right now)?
Love Actually
Bridget Jones
Sex And The City
Mr & Mrs Smith (sorry, Becky, but it's true)




What inspires you?
Indie music. Love. Elsie Flannigan. JCrew magazines. Midcentury Modern furnishings and art. Etsy (oh, this is a big one!).




What's your favorite book?
The Bible, no question. It's the book of life, Folks.



I am also currently reading Charlaine Harris' Sookie series (vamp fiction) and Mary Janice Davidson's Betsy series (also vamp fiction). Yes, both at once.




Do you collect something?
Right now there is a lot of yellow in my house.




What do you like most about yourself?
That I am incredibly strong and adaptable. That doesn't mean I don't need someone; that means that I am willing to gut things out and fight and kick and scream to make something work. And while I do resist small changes, I know when I need to suck it up and move forward. Don't EVER tell me that I cannot do something.


Also, right now, I love how willing I am to say YES to things.




What's your go-to nail polish color?
I don't wear polish on my fingers. I clean too much for the polish to stay put. I do love to paint my toes, though - deep pink or cherry red.




I tag Mindy!

1 comment:

  1. I am ABSOLUTLY in LOVE with True Blood. My husband told me last Sunday that the season premier was on that night. I got SOO excited only to find out at 9PM that they were only replaying last season's last episode - the new season starts next Sunday! UGHHHH!

    ReplyDelete