July 1, 2009

Still A House Of Crazy







All blurry, but I don't care.



Coming up:


I'm going to start a project this month inspired by Cathy Zielske's class at Big Picture Scrapbooking. It is a scrapbooking class designed to encourage us to scrap ourselves. I need to be better at this. Not only am I usually the one behind the camera, I am also the least documented - and I have gone through some tremendous changes in the past year!


I need to capture those changes, the accomplishments I've made as a mother and a woman. I need to leave some type of legacy. Something that will show my children who I was in July of 2009 when they were only 8, 6, and 1. Something that *I* can look back on and be proud of.

So beginning today, I will be taking a photo of myself every day this month. I'm sure I'll miss one or two and I know that I won't get around to posting them every single day, but I promise to try!


Who's with me?

2 comments:

  1. I will do this with you. I just finished a scrapbook journal class on Red Velvet Art and realized I have always been the person taking the photos. The very few photos of me were taken by others outside of our family. I am really sad about this. I was married two times before and all those years have maybe a few Christmas card photos to show for it. I'm with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miracle MaxineJuly 04, 2009

    What a great idea - no, seriously, who takes pictures of themselves when there are cute kids and pets to capture? I still can't do this. I can't bear watch myself in pictures and try as much as I can to hide myself behind the kidlets (who are the same ages as your boys). Unfortunately they're skinny and small and still don't have enough bulk to hide the whole of me.

    I found your blog while looking for something to do with teeny scraps of fabric, and kept reading back for 3 days. Love your work and your courage, love your sense of design and your quilts. I envy your obviously warm summer - I'm also in Da Prairies, sort of, but a little to the north and west bordering on the Rockies and we have yet to have a "let's go to the pool 'cause I can't be in the back yard any more" day" yet.

    ReplyDelete