August 14, 2009

Decorating With White

From Chez Larsson




Kelly McCaleb




Via OhDeeDoh





Midcentury Modernist




Lan and Brian Frandsen




Chez Larsson again (love her!)





Kelly McCaleb again (love her, too!)





Gilbert Chair at Ikea





Via OhDeeDoh






Via Midcentury Modernist




Via Cookie




I love white.


Did you know that I love white? I do. It's so...CLEAN.


I've always tried to decorate with white, but I haven't always decorated with white the right way. Things around our house were bland, boring. There was no texture. I tried to make white the accent in my home instead of the primary.


This time around, I have grand ideas about decorating with white. Yes, I know I have children. Yes, I know they are dirty. White is worth it. Things wash. I think I can do it right. I think the key is to have little bursts of color to show your personality, and of course TEXTURE.


To that end, I am dreaming of a new quilt. An all-white quilt for my king bed. I don't want to send this one off to the topquilter so I think I may quilt it in chunks myself and then hand-piece the chunks together. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE white! We've had white bedding since we got married, white towels, white dishes . . . I love it ALL! B/c the best part about white??? It all BLEACHES!! (I purchase as much bleach as I do laundry detergent!)

    ReplyDelete