August 6, 2009

Oh, The Type: A Is Rearing It's Ugly Head

Does anyone out there not know that I am a little uptight?




I didn't think so.


Side note: MAN, I look like my dad.


Previously on rachelcoxdesigns blog, I broke the news that we are trying desperately to move to a house in the small town where I work. I am still waiting to hear if the house I have my eye on is going to work out, so I'm practicing "tolerance of ambiguity" just now. (I am waiting.) Ugh, I hate waiting.


And since I don't know anything for sure yet, it doesn't make any sense at all that I am filling out my moving binder, does it? (Does it make sense for a person to HAVE a moving binder?) Sure, I'll be ready when I get the "go", but is it a little kooky to have a spreadsheet with 30-some tabs dedicated to moving?


Is it ridiculous that it might be color coordinated (and that those colors might cross-reference to each room's assigned color on moving day?)?


No? Good. I didn't think so, either.


Oh, quit rolling your eyes! Perhaps some of you are as anal-retentive as I am and might want to see how I pull off a family move.


My moving binder contains tabs for:

BEFORE
  • Overall Budget
  • Packing
  • Moving Companies
  • Utility and Insurance Changes
  • School
  • Boxes and organization
DURING
  • Overnight Needs
  • Moving Contracts and Receipts

AFTER

  • First Grocery List
  • Change of Address
  • Safety Proofing

DESIGN

  • Floor Plans
  • Design by Room
  • Wish List

Have I mentioned I love moving?

Oh yes, I looooooove moving.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, you are my dream best friend! If I had a middle name it would be anal-retentive. I actually don't mind moving either. I like the process of cleaning things out and seeing my stuff in a whole new arrangement. Unfortunately, my hsuband hates moving and that's why we have been in the same house for 12 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if I should ever be lucky enough to get my dream house out in the country, I know who I'm callin' to help move.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh... I never thought of a moving binder. It (almost) makes me want to move so I can be even more organized and list-y. I usually just have a notebook or legal pad, and different lists on each pad. Excel is even better.
    I hope it works out well for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love to move also. I guess this is a good thing since I am a military spouse. LOL! Anyway, I am not organized in any manner so your organizational skills are going to help me in such a big way. Thank you for sharing!! I am preparing to move from Arkansas to Cheyenne Wyoming with a will be 3 year old boy and an 8 month old boy plus an 8 year old dog. WOW!

    ReplyDelete