- Things to Do
- First Grocery List
- Change of Address
- Safety Proof New Home
- Make room by room plans for updates to new house
- Plan arrangement of pictures, wall hangings in new house
- Mail moving announcements to family and friends
- Take trash/boxes out
- Complete elementary school registry
- Give employer new home address
- Exchange spare home keys with a trusted friend
- Locate post office, police station, fire station, gas station, and hospital
- Call the trash department to find out which day the trash/recycling is collected
- Secure new service providers such as a bank, pharmacist, vet
- Contact local DMV to exchange your driver’s license and register your vehicle if necessary
- Transfer insurance policies to a local agent
- Obtain local library cards
- Register to vote
CHANGE OF ADDRESS: Keep a list of those persons that you wish to inform of your move. Also include magazine subscriptions, doctors, lawyers, crediting companies, utilities, your employer, etc. Once you have signed your lease/loan, update your records and circulate your new information. You also need to change your address with the US Postal Service.
What is on your AFTER moving list? Am I the only sicko that has one?
To read tips about Things To Do DURING A Move, click here.
To read tips about Things To Do BEFORE A Move, click here.
To read tips about Moving Supplies, click here.