August 21, 2009

Sometimes You Just HOLD ON




Able Mabel, all right. If ever a child lived her name...


I have been told that Mabel is a Force to be reckoned with. She's been called a bruiser. I've heard she's headstrong, loud, boisterous, unafraid, and does whatever she needs to get what she wants.




Hmpf. Not so great in a toddler sometimes, but doesn't that sound like a tremendously strong woman?



I wonder where she learned that from.



As you might guess I was disgruntled at this assessment of my third spawn. Then I decided I wasn't offended. I pity those who don't APPRECIATE the way God made her.



I snapped this picture of 'ole Able when Mindy and her family were with us in July. It was one of the first times she went down the slide alone. I was looking at the picture today and it made me think of all of this. My girl was unafraid. She gave a little grimace while she endured, but she was a rockstar in the end.



Kind of reminds me of my attitude through all of the changes in my life in the past two years. Sometimes, life rocks your boat. God moves you and you have to just. HOLD. ON.


And you get through it.



Maybe it's just because I'm her mama, but I'm proud of her just the way she is. Because I know when she's all grown up, she will survive anything.

6 comments:

  1. She is strong.

    And beautiful.

    Just like her mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course she'll survive anything! You've taught her well. You might need a shotgun in 12 years, but I'm thinking Able Mabel will handle herself quite well. Congrats on a well-rounded and brave little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pray she holds on to that spirit always...it will lead her down many wonderful paths!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it amazing what our kids can teach us?

    You can almost hear her catching her breath as she goes down. What a cutie pie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spirited children! they lead the way. You know that poem children learn what they live? I'd take headstrong over doormat anyday!Rock on Mabel! But Rachel, I understand your initial feelings, b/c at first they sound like an insult but it really will be a compliment, and compliment yourself too- all of those things you are yourself.

    ReplyDelete