October 12, 2009

Baby, It's Cold Outside




Our first snow flurries of 2009 came last Friday. The two Bigs were in the Homecoming parade and it was warm enough during the day - in the 50's - but by evening, I was thankful we didn't go to the game. We got almost an inch of the white stuff. It did stick, but it melted by Sunday afternoon.


Sunday night the snow started again. There were 2" on the ground by Monday morning, with another 4" promised by Thursday. How glad am I that I now live less than 2 miles from my work? WORD.


Don't feel sorry for us. It's not like we're the only ones with predicted (or actualized, as it were) snow. Judy said it's supposed to snow in her neck of the woods this week as well.


Good times here in Da Plains. Good times.

1 comment:

  1. ew, yuck! We traveled to northern Michigan this past weekend and saw some of the slushy white stuff. I love fall but am dreading winter.

    ps. I love your new header photo. (I haven't been around in a while, so maybe it's only...but I still like it.)

    ReplyDelete