November 22, 2009

Oh How He Loves Us

I have thought often about talking more about Jesus in this place. Then I realized that I couldn't NOT talk about Jesus more in this place. I am PROUD. I am HIS. And to Him goes ALL of my glory and my happiness (even when life is exploding). We are commanded to rejoice in the Lord always, no matter what is going on around us.


Besides, this Sunday sharing is sort of becoming a nice, comfy habit of mine and I love it. If any part of my testimony provides even one of my readers with encouragement then it is so worth it. I encourage you to share as well. Share everyday by smiling.


Be the light.


And know that He loves you. No matter what.


Below is a gem for you. Listen with tissues because this song... this song has become my new anthem. It is glorious. We listened to it at church as something beautiful happened this morning and again this afternoon when the children and I sat down to an early Thanksgiving dinner. Then I thought of this song as I prayed for God to travel with my children on Tuesday as they go to Ohio with their dad for 5 days.








Oh How He Loves Us
by Kim Walker & Jesus Culture


He is jealous for me
Loves like a hurricane,
I am a tree
Bending beneath the weight
of His wind and mercy.

When all of a sudden, I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory and I realize just how beautiful You are and how great your affections are for me.

Oh, how He loves us so
Oh, how He loves us
How He loves us so.


We are His portion
and He is our prize,
Drawn to redemption
by the grace in His eyes
If grace is an ocean,
we're all sinking

So heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss and my heart turns violently inside of my chest I don't have time to maintain these regrets when I think about the way He loves us,

Oh, how He loves us
Oh, how He loves us
Oh, how He loves
Oh, how He loves us so
Oh, how He loves us
How He loves us so.

3 comments:

  1. thank you this lovely post...I am uplifted by others who share their love of God and as one who openly shares my faith on my blog it strengthens me when others do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard her version before. But me and the David Crowder Band version commune on a daily basis :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think our band at church played this song on the same day! I love it too and am proud of you for sharing your faith with all your readers. I'm thrilled for your courage to reach out to others! It's very inspiring. Blessings to you and your children, stacy

    ReplyDelete