March 24, 2010

Blanket Update



Okay, Gals. Our contact at the Christian Appalachian Project has not responded to my most recent inquiry, which I believe means she might have had her baby!


Now I have already double checked and made sure that while she is out on maternity leave, our blankets will be received and logged just as they would be if she were there. So please don't worry about that. And remember that there is no deadline. We sent blankets all summer last year! Please continue to contact me when you're ready to ship.


I tried to contact the office because I wanted a count. I have a guess (which would be about 750) but I wanted something more official. Of course I will continue to try to get this information, but in the meantime,


THANK YOU!


Thank you for reaching out to these children. Thank you for working with your hands and your hearts and your friends to make something for someone you don't know. I pray that you continue to feel God's reward in your life.


More of an update as soon as I can nail down a total.
**EDITED TO ADD: Our contact, K DID have her baby. She emailed me on March 30 to say that the current count is 748! Amazing!

3 comments:

  1. you are such a sweetie for doing this! once my sewing room is up and ready to go I plan on donating one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilting on this quilt. And the donation quilts are such a good cause. Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just found your blog and am wondering if your mountain baby blanket project is over, did i miss it? i am a beginning quilter and would love to put my "practice" (they are funcitonal and definitely usable but not quite gift-worthy) quilts to good use. i am blog illiterate and do not know how to contact any other way.

    ReplyDelete