March 5, 2010

Broken Hearts Become Brand New

Tomato Soup and I were talking last night about how we got to the spot we're sitting in. Months of best-friending, learning to rely on one another - yes, absolutely. Months of attraction that we (mostly I) accidentally ignored. Clear, constant communication - openness, honesty and humor. But that's not really what got us to where we are.

Faith did. God's fate. His plan. He knew. He knew there was a man in South Dakota with his own puzzle pieces that fit precisely with mine. He knew that my life (and the little people in it) would be understood by this man. He knew that his life (ditto) would be understood by me. We just needed time to find the path toward each other.

After a divorce so many people recoil; they shrink back and are too afraid of the hurt to try again. It makes sense, after all. You've already had the shit kicked out of you by love once. Except that I never really found that a very pleasant way to live - a shell of a person, resigned to be lonely forever. I am an ALL IN person. I knew that I wasn't done... knew that God made me to love and be loved - in a healthy and wholesome way. I knew that God wanted better for me than I had. I just had to be patient and have faith.

Man it's freaking awesome when you feel faith's reward! I can't NOT feel it right now. Every moment is sunlight. Green. New.

Some lyrics come to mind - Kutless, of course. Tears fill my eyes every single time I hear this. Every single time.

I've seen dreams that move the mountains,
Hope that doesn't ever end
Even when the sky is falling.
And I've seen miracles just happen,
Silent prayers get answered,
Broken hearts become brand new.
That's what faith can do


That's the best way to say how I'm feeling today. My broken heart hasn't healed. Nope. It's completely brand new.



3 comments:

  1. such a lovely post! after my divorce I was a single Mom for ten years, placing my focus on my sons and survival left little room for love but God had another plan and eventually I met my current husband and this year we will celebrate our 19th anniversary. so happy for you dear one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel it in my fingers....I feel it in my toes ;) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a new follower & fan...just wanted to say hi, and chime in to cheer with your friends! I know a bit how you're feeling...single mom, forever and finally walking with Jesus...who met someone last year that loves the Lord like I do. It can and does happen!! Best wishes to you!!

    ReplyDelete