March 24, 2010

Get A Bucket

Photograph by Joe Elario


Sigh.


I have become one of those people. You know, the kind that gushes about their boyfriend with such fervor that your breakfast starts to backfire on you? Yep, that's me.


On the phone with my mom (who will meet B next week, incidentally), I gush. I gush about his priorities, about how he's considerate and shares his feelings openly, how he washes my dishes and plays with the kids, how he lifts me up and gives me confidence every single day, about his charming and gentle nature, and about his absolutely gorgeous shoulders (you know, just to name a few things).


On the phone with Mindy, I gush some more. We email, trade texts, and even now she - the ultimate in romantic, sweetness, and Queen of Squee - said to me, "The ooey gooey mushiness is overwhelming! But in a seriously sweet way." That was Mindy code for shut the crap up, bigmouth.


Becky is less restrained. She is the level-headed, independent one who doesn't mind telling me (repeatedly), "Dude, you're going to make me vomit for real. Stop."


In the face of all of this barf-speak, I am not deterred. I am so completely in love with this man that I cannot see or speak or hear or breathe sometimes. My most very favorite part is that HE is EVERY BIT as mushy as I am and he is not afraid to tell me exactly what is on his mind or in his heart.


The kids have noticed a difference in me as well. More quality time with them. Quality time with them with B. Just the other day I told B that being with him has made me a better mom. Allowed me to look at my kidlets from another perspective, to appreciate them more. And of course me being happier than I think I've ever been in my life doesn't hamper the ability to parent so much either. A smile on mom's face goes a long way.


So. There really wasn't a point to this post, except to wonder out loud if I could make the internet grab a bucket, too.

10 comments:

  1. I'm with Becky!! LOL - But, still, I'm happy for you and anxiously awaiting the day blogland gets to meet B! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh sweetie, you are entitled to gush, after all new found love is the stuff poets dream of! just remember there will come a day when the normalcy of your life together will take over and you will come to love the simple quiet everyday routines. You will then be there to support the next dreamer on her journey through new found love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWWW, I think it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gush and the whole world gushes with you! Bring it on. I can handle it...a little puking never hurt anyone....oh wait....they call that bulemia. Oh, you know what I mean!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No bucket needed here. It's great to hear that you are so happy and all lovey dovey. It really is wonderful isn't it

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't been able to read get on in awhile. But let me tell you- your blog is the first I read! You are so inspiring in every aspect of life. So let me tell you that as soon as I wiped my eyes from crying hysterically for half an hour... I thought I would just tell you that I am so happy for you and your children. I want every woman to feel like I do with my husband. You are such a great person and deserve this kind of love. One day I hope to meet you just because we think so much alike. Anyway.... I don't want to sound like a stalker or anything...lol I just wanted you to know that you do have people out here that are praying for your relationship and life. Erin :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't been able to read get on in awhile. But let me tell you- your blog is the first I read! You are so inspiring in every aspect of life. So let me tell you that as soon as I wiped my eyes from crying hysterically for half an hour... I thought I would just tell you that I am so happy for you and your children. I want every woman to feel like I do with my husband. You are such a great person and deserve this kind of love. One day I hope to meet you just because we think so much alike. Anyway.... I don't want to sound like a stalker or anything...lol I just wanted you to know that you do have people out here that are praying for your relationship and life. Erin :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. maybe a little bucket... ;) but mostly just SO happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. all us fans are happy for you! :) Cheers to the what's-next and what's-good.

    ReplyDelete