March 31, 2010

It's a Jeans Thing

I have a jeans thing. A holey jeans thing.



And boy oh boy, do I ever LOVE IT.



Two years ago it occured to me that I needed to loosen up about future (love) plans. I used to think that Brooks Brothers suits were attractive and powerful, for example. That's really all I knew for a long time. It was two years ago that I got more realistic and began to realize that those suits were incredibly uptight and fake, and that I'd been ignoring some possibilities. In fact, I specifically decided that I preferred a man who had character instead. Values. Priorities. Maybe punk ass hair, a scruffly face, or clear, piercing eyes. Someone just living life the way God intended him to live it, happy in his own unique skin. Not interested in overwhelming wealth or labels or selfishness. I wanted someone who could carry himself all powerful and confident with holes in his jeans instead of depending on a suit. Am I making sense?



Guess what.









I was so completely right.



Turns out, character abounds with the holey jeans. Values and priorities, too.




Plus, I'm not going to lie. They're also really HOT.


B flipped through the photos on my hard drive the other night and stopped when he saw his knee. He laughed and grinned at me. I tried to explain it to him, but instead he just smiled and let me be silly. I love his knees. I love his holey jeans and his scruffly chin and his hands and his heart. I love his values and priorities. I very much love every ounce of his character.


I didn't really go into this new part of my life looking for any of that; I went into it with an open heart and an open mind - and God did the rest.

6 comments:

  1. I have got a bloke like that too! I wouldn't change him for the world either - suits are soooo overrated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post - and I went back and read your post on David - so freakin hilarious - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, that's a sexy knee right there. :-) I don't even know you, of course, and I'm so happy for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is always such a joy to see God's handiwork in action! I've always thought my life would have run so much smoother if I just got out of His way and Let God do His thing! Happy Easter to you and yours sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really going to need to meet Mr. B very soon :) Love you! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gotta love those holey jeans. (and the peek at B)

    ReplyDelete