April 26, 2010

Of Faith And Football

At church yesterday, we had an amazing lesson on faith.

From the book of James:


2Consider it pure joy... whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.


12Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.



Kind of makes me want to put on armor. Had to share.


It was a mighty busy weekend, Folks. I/we:

Ran 2 miles
Enjoyed pasta night together as 6
Went to the circus as 6
Went to the grocery store as 6 (pleasantly surprised this wasn't crazier than chasing 4 kids through the circus)
Watched Avatar (darling love story)
Painted the bathroom Cityscape gray
Finished all 14 working blocks on Trevor's quilt (I know, I heard you all gasp in shock)
Registered my 2 bigs for this:


Right. The testing of my faith will develop perseverance. I don't need to worry about Trev or Drew at the bottom of the pile. That's what I'm telling myself today.

1 comment:

  1. What a great passage, that's exactly what I needed to read today. :) Thanks for posting it.
    ps, the name Cityscape Gray for a paint? LOVE IT. so cute.

    ReplyDelete