May 28, 2010

It's a Chucks Thing






I wanted a pair for years. YEARS. A combination of my ex-husband's insistence that they were ugly and my own self-consciousness about the size of my feet prevented me from ever buying a pair.


Until I got divorced. I finally bought myself a pair of gray Chucks about a year ago. I wear them all the time. Wore them on my first date with B. Wear them to work on casual Fridays. Actually, I've worn them with a skirt, too. I love them.


Imagine my surprise when B told me that he bought himself a pair of gray Chucks a couple of weeks ago. They are the hottest shoes, ever. I know that sounds ridiculous, but they represent such character and style and his overall frame of mind. He is about as laid back as they get, but also the most aggressive person I know. He is the perfect juxtaposition.


Sigh. It's a Chucks thing. I love it.



And Dear B: Yesterday you texted me at the exact moment my heart needed you. You told me that you were proud and encouraged by my strength. Then you said you loved me so much. It hit me where it counts, Homeboy. Thank you for taking me out for a drink to relax after my drive. And for busting out your 'game' while we played pool; I love it when you woo me. I have a feeling you'll never stop. And, Dude, the shoes? Wicked good 'game' right there. I'm allll yours!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your Chucks story. I just bought myself a blue pair, and pairs for the kids. My hubby isn't such a big fan either.... I say he's missing out!

    ReplyDelete