May 28, 2010

A Prayer Request




* Unseatbelted children were photographed while PARKED. Just in case you were ready to lynch me.

Yesterday, I drove my 3 to the halfway point between Da Plains and Where We Were From Before. It took a little more than 6 hours. I left at 6am. B could not go; I drove alone. The kids were wonderful the whole way.


I burned 6 new CDs for the trip and I sang my lungs out the entire time.


At 1pm, Shoes pulled into the parking lot at Chili's. B sent me a text that was everything I needed to lift me up at that moment. I got out of the truck, kissed the kids, handed over the suitcases, got back into my truck, and then drove away. LITERALLY. I think I might have said 10 words to him. Not rude, but... not worried this time. Just, not. I didn't have a million questions worth asking. It didn't matter that I really should ask him about child support and why I'm not getting any, because he was taking his kids for 3 weeks. HE DIDN'T CHANGE HIS MIND. Praise God!


So, yes. They are Where We Were From Before for 3 weeks. B is keeping me busy... in fact, we have a tee time at 5:00 tonight! Go, me!


But please pray. Please pray for their safety and health and security while they are there. Pray that I continue to remember that they are on loan from God in the first place and He is always with them, especially when I cannot be. Pray they have a ball and I stay occupied. Then pray a word of thanks that Shoes took them this year! Thank you all!

4 comments:

  1. Prayers coming! So happy for all of you! They need this time and so do you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 28, 2010

    Praying for them to have a ton of fun and for Shoes to enjoy and appreciate them. And I hope you have a good vacation at home!

    -Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't normally pray but I will on this occasion. You must feel like part of you is missing with them gone for 3 weeks. But they will be back before you know it and I'm sure there will be lots of cuddles to go round when they have missed their mum for 3 weeks!

    Thinking of you!

    p.s love Moo's sun glasses! So cute!

    ReplyDelete