July 7, 2010

Gimme That Girl

Nearly every Sunday night, B and I do the same thing. He comes over to my place and we listen to music. We share a glass of wine and stand in the kitchen or lay on the living room floor on our tummies and giggle. We play songs for each other. Could be something we've thought about through the week, something quiet we want to share, or something on our minds in the moment we're in. Music speaks volumes for us. Always has. Literally, from the beginning - we've been trading music and lyrics.


"Oh here! Listen to this!"...


and


"Really, Babe? That is so awesome... this makes me think of you, too!"


and


"I have to look in your eyes while this one plays..."


Sorry. Did that last one make you heave a little? Well, duh. Here's one he told me to play last week.









Gimme That Girl
by Joe Nichols

Hang up that red dress, let down your hair,
cancel those reservations, there's no need to go no where.
As good as your looking right now, Girl, bet your thinkin I'm crazy.
There's a side of you that I wanna see that never ceases to amaze me.

Gimme that girl with her hair in a mess
sleepy little smile with her head on my chest,
thats the you that I like best,
gimme that girl.
Gimme that girl lovin up on me,
old t-shirt and a pair of jeans,
thats the you I wanna see,
gimme that girl,
gimme that girl.

Gimme the girl thats beautiful, without a trace of makeup of on,
barefoot in the kitchen, singing her favorite song.
Dancing around like a fool, starring in her own little show,
gimme the girl the rest of the world ain't lucky enough to know.

Gimme that girl with her hair in a mess
sleepy little smile with her head on my chest,
thats the you that I like best,
gimme that girl.
Gimme that girl lovin up on me,
old t-shirt and a pair of jeans,
thats the you I wanna see,
gimme that girl,
gimme that girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment