July 9, 2010

Holy Crap She Scrapped

The other night, B texted me. "What are you doing?" he asked.

"Don't laugh, but I am actually scrapbooking for the first time in TWO YEARS!"

I felt the itch dig me during the afternoon. Mindy and I chatted about it and I knew what was going to happen. That evening, I pulled the table over, put the mouse in my laptop, and plugged in the EHD. Opened folders that hadn't been clicked in TWO YEARS. Did I mention it had been two years? And I only did 2 pages on that day in Mindy's dining room two years ago. Prior to that? Another full year. I'd been really dry on creative juice when it came to scrapbooking. Maybe it was something about not wanting to document the empty I felt sometimes. Didn't have the perfect little family anymore, so what on earth was I going to scrapbook?

"Good for you, Honey!" B said. He knew that my creativity had been quietly lurking, waiting for something to set it free. Some comfort, some deeply settled-in love. And it happened.


Cooter

love birds toledo

mo here determination

having fun

you are here

maverick

moo having fun

love you new chapter


All pages are digital. Most of the goodies used are by Paislee Press, but if you want to know anything specific, leave a comment!

Feels good to find the groove again.

2 comments:

  1. Love your pages - I haven't scrapped in the longest time. I saw this today and thought of you: http://www.etsy.com/listing/51181192/kissing-in-all-stars-8-x-10-paper-print Cute, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great when life overflows with joy, such joy which finds way into creativity. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete