August 9, 2010

3 Moments

3 amazing moments from this weekend:


I quietly said, "I love you," and instead of just repeating, B held my head in his hands, closed his eyes, and with our noses touching [I love our noses touching] said, "I... would be nothing... without you."

During a moment thick with thought, I asked B what he needed. Without skipping a beat, he said, "I have to do something," and then he grabbed both of my hands, squeezed them tight, and mashed his eyelids together. And we prayed...

B talked to H last night and she was so excited to have lost her front tooth. "Tell Rachel!" she cried, "Make sure you tell Rachel!" And he told me how warm it made him feel inside and how much he loved God in that moment: the moment his daughter said out loud in front of whomever, that - to her, I was important, too.



And Dear B: The foot massage yesterday? Yeah, you'd better take that one to the bank because historically, I do NOT rub feet. Ever. But somehow, your feet do not adhere to this rule. I'm not sure why that is, but I absolutely ADORE your feet. Just sayin'. You have me completely wrapped around your toe-fingers.

1 comment:

  1. sigh - it's like reading a wonderful romance novel :-)
    So, so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete