August 18, 2010

Somebody Turned 8 Today






He's always been the little brother. He took two days to get here and came by way of the only epidural I've ever had. He entered the world with an extralobar pulmonary sequestration, which was cut out of his lung at a week old. We weren't sure Andrew George was going to make it - until we were sure he was going to make it.



He is the child who knocked me to my knees and reacquainted me with my God.



He is the child who requires me to ask for the Lord's assistance in raising him most often.



He is the funny one. The LOUD one. The most imaginative and creative. The only one who will play by himself.



Today, he's 8.



IMG_3903e


IMG_3906e



He got a haircut for his birthday.

IMAG0163


DSC_0686



I can still remember sitting in the pediatric surgeon's office during our consult, one hand holding a blue tissue and the other rubbing Andy's elbow inside of my tummy... I remember asking the surgeon if my son would ever run and play in the backyard with his brother.


Now look at him.


I'm so proud of you Andy Roo. Drew. Cooter.

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday ANDY!!!! We love you! Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! Yesterday was my guys birthday- 11! and it was the first birthday I wasn't with one of them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday to Andrew! amazing to see how much Mabel looks like his toddler photo...strong family genes! often our most challenging child offers up the sweetest gifts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awe. what a special story. happy birthday andy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO glad he made it! Thank you for sharing your blessings with us.

    ReplyDelete