September 21, 2010

It's Fall, Y'All

Every year I get all excited about Fall and title my post this way. It's embarrassing, actually. Or not. Because I say "y'all" all the time.

And because I enjoy continuity, want to know what else is ironic about last fall? Yep, I was moving then, too.


Fall is my most favorite season. Still warm during the day, but chilly on the bookends. That means the quilts need to be extra cozy on the bed (two of them now) in the morning, and it makes me wear knee socks at night. The sunlight changes and my nose starts hollering because the crops are due and harvesting (that's not a favorite part, but I'm just keeping it real.)


Fall is back-to-school, football games early on Saturday morning with a cup of coffee warming my hands, starting on a new scarf, and for me this year - planning all sorts of things. The move, obviously. The construction on our together home. A wedding. (Oh my Lord I did just say that.)

Before I get ahead of myself (because there is nothing specific to announce just yet), let's talk some more about Fall. One of my favorite things about this season is the food I get to start making.


Believe me when I tell you that Bryon lucked out in this department. While I'm no Barefoot Contessa, I can cook, Baby. I also never thought that being a single parent was a permission slip to make kid food every night either, so cook I do.








(Apologies for making you dig, but all of these recipes (and proper citation) can be found here.)

In the fall, I adore the colors outside of my window.





That's Spearfish Canyon, just outside of the Black Hills of South Dakota. Gorgeous, no?

Fall means BOOTS...




(mine are chocolate brown)




... and cool bags...


And super darling duds. I can't WAIT to wear my tweed jacket!





This fall also means decorating a home with the love of my life. And since that will include my leather furniture, I have something like this in mind (more to come on this).




Fall is cozy and comfortable and soothing. It means wrapping up in the things you love, and being thankful for all sorts of blessings.

Happy Fall, Y'All!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I want the UG boots, I want the long blue scarf and I want the fall YOU are having and not the fall I know I'm going to have in SE TX. Oh, and I want you to bring me dinner. :)

    ReplyDelete