September 30, 2010

It's Time For More Blankets!



It's been a while since I've done an update on Mountain Baby Blankets. You blessed people have continued to sew and ship and our contact at the Christian Appalachian Project has continued to distribute your blessings.

And, Gals, it's time to man your machines and grab your hooks again.



It's been in the low 40's every night this week in Eastern Kentucky. Cool weather is coming. Toes will be cold. LET'S CHANGE THAT.






We are absolutely still making and shipping blankets to the CAP for distribution to infants and children in the poverty-ridden areas of the Appalachian Mountains in Eastern Kentucky. If you want to be a part of this effort, you may!

The CAP has asked for blankets - sized infant through twin - in any machine-washable material. They will also happily distribute purchased and gently used blankets to the babies there. These are the only requirements.


Many ladies emailed me saying that what began as a way to bust their fabric stash became a quilt made with love and adoration for a child they'd never met. God saw fit to whip together the stitches on these blankets with love, mercy, and living water, I'd say!



We've sent more than 800 blankets so far. Think we can reach 1,000? How merciful and beautiful that would be!



Just last night I got an email from a gal who visited my blog for the first time and was moved to help. What a blessing she is - that you ALL are for reading, for praying, and for providing warmth for these children.



Because of you, they won't sleep cold and alone. They will be warmed by a blanket and the grace and mercy you send them.



If you are interested, please contact me by leaving a comment here or by emailing me at racheljcox at yahoo dot com. For more information on past efforts and some details about the blankets, look HERE through my posts in the MBB category.






God bless each of you and THANK YOU, on behalf of every family you have wonderfully affected!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! I'm so glad this is still going on. I have two quilts that just need binding and then they're ready to go. Hopefully I'll finish them this weekend. (It's odd to think of it being so cold in Kentucky - we're having a heat wave in California right now. A quilt for them, a snow cone for me, and we'll all be more comfortable!)

    -Holly

    ReplyDelete