October 22, 2010

Channeling Julia Roberts

[Hmmm. Do I look like an alien with an enormous head at this angle? I think maybe yes.]

My hair was quite wavy before I had children. Then the wave seemed to limp and wane with each pregnancy and birth. Funny how that is. Anyway.

If you must know, Mabel did two things to my body. She prooved that it was possible for me to have a D cup (though I hated that), and she straightened my hair. So much so that I stopped using my straightening iron. I barely needed my holy grail (Kerastase Oleo Relax) anymore.

That was 3 years ago. It's been mostly short or colored since then. I've been growing it out since B.

Anyway, I got my hair trimmed a couple of weeks back. Went to a new girl that my future sister-in-law (wow, that felt weird to say - weird, but awesome) recommended. She had purple and orange hair (the stylist, not my SIL). After my trim she asked if I wanted it blown out or styled wavy. I told her to have at it - I mean, I know how to blow it out straight already.

The wave exploded on my head! As a result I now have two holy grail products (should any of you care to know) and a MUCH faster routine in the morning.



All it takes is a handful of mousse and I look like Julia Roberts. Well, maybe not exactly.
And you can bet I've asked Bryon eleventy times which he likes better: straight or wavy. Every single time he says, "Wear it wavy." When I asked him why he told me that it fits me better. A little unruly. Bouncy. Beautiful. Not rigid or straight, but relaxed.

Hmm...think I'll work with this for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment