October 27, 2010

A Walk In The Park

Last weekend, Bryon and I took the kids to Newton Hills State Park. Not a long drive from where we live, and so completely worth it. The weather was beautiful!



Our plan was to hike the Woodland Trail (which, if you must know, is just over 1.5 miles by the time you add in our super long way around it). Take in the beautiful scenery and listen to God's music.









We stopped for some family shots.





Kissed.



Did a lot of hand-holding.




Some of us overcame our shyness with the lens 24" away.



Some of us strutted our stuff.




We hiked.




We held.




We rested.




(Bryon is back there holding her, by the way.)



We enjoyed.




And Trevor, Andy, and I snapped as many pictures as we could that afternoon.

I realized that I won't have the money for a paid session anytime soon, so I resolved to do this myself. I've done plenty of professional family candids - just not of my own family.


Trevor really has an eye; he took almost every picture of Bryon and I. That, combined with my super-amazing Photoshop skills... and voila. I couldn't be more pleased or proud of my family.


I hope some of you are inspired by this: trust that 9 year old with your camera. Their angle is perfect. Shoot a lot and then edit. Delete the bad ones and move on. Even if you have a ginormous family and can't get everyone in every picture. Take more! It's so worth it.

2 comments:

  1. be sure to tell Trevor how much I admire his work, he's quite the photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, Trevor.

    One of my most favorite images of myself was taken by my son when he was just under five. :)

    ReplyDelete