November 8, 2010

Decorating For Boys

It's been a little girl heavy on this place for a while. Time to switch that up. I have been dreaming and scheming of decorating my boys' rooms (with their input as well, of course) for months. It is true that designing for boys is more difficult, but only because (and this is just my opinion) boys tend to have so many specific interests. It's harder to hit a home run with them if you don't want something generic. If you want to design a room that really fits your little/not-so-little boy, you really need to dive inside of them. Find out what they love... and then dwell on that during your planning.

Conveniently, I spend countless hours online at home, searching for images to inspire me. We find something we love and then look for it cheaper online.



ANDY: LOVES MAPS, FORTS, AND ALL THINGS CAMO

Here is Andy's room moodboard:




Floating bunk by BumperCrop (wouldn't this make the most fantastic fort?! - right up Drew's alley and total luck that Bryon is drooling to build this)


Inflatable globes to hang from the ceiling, found HERE.


Mycurlycue.com map





Chalkboard map light and camo bedding inspiration from PBTeen


TREVOR: LOVES BOOKS, LINCOLN BREWSTER, FOOTBALL, GIRLS, AND ALSO BOOKS. DID I MENTION BOOKS?


Trevor's moodboard:







Camo duvet and football mural from PBTeen. VW bus pillow from Ohlittlerabbit



From Wall Worthy via Etsy

Trevor will also have a LOT of reading books in his room... most of them, in fact. We need a place to store them and the kid loves books. Seems like a good storage solution. He will also have a desk and chair in his room. So, I am on the hunt for a vintage desk and bookshelf!

1 comment:

  1. I tried your link to the curlycue map and it did not work. I have a son who can't get enough maps, so I'm interested.

    ReplyDelete