December 22, 2010

House Update

One of the first things that we did after painting the walls was hang pictures. Bryon never had any on the wall before, so this is something entirely new for him. It is entirely us. And if you know me, you know that it is not possible for me to exist in a room without some kind of photographic evidence someplace.




This is our memorial spot. His dad and my dad, both in their fishing caps. Both in Heaven.



Another thing I did was paint my end table. I found this midcentury modern piece at Goodwill a month after I moved to Da Plains. It was $5, I think. It looks spiffy painted white. I love how it balances the living room (which I will shoot once the Christmas decorations are put away).


The curtains add just the right pop of color.


A favorite artist poster hangs in the kitchen.


And the Pyrex collection starts hovering on top of the kitchen cabinets. I have restacked them since I took this picture, though. Made more room for the collection to grow - because I use them all the time. LOVE it.



1 comment:

  1. I love having pictures around, I really want to do a photo wall - I've got a huge world map covered in pins in my kitchen and I want to surround it with all my travel photos and printed articles etc - but I'm terrified that it will look a mess and then I'll be stuck with a wall full of holes!

    I also paint so I've got lots of huge canvases around... I'm seriously running out of space.

    Hope you've had a lovely Christmas and Santa got you everything you'd hoped for! X

    ReplyDelete