March 9, 2011

Today Is The Day

Five girls stayed with me the night before I married Bryon Krutsch. Two of them tiny, asleep in their beds. Two of them on the couch full of support and smiles and offering words to calm my...self. And then there was the one in the bed snuggled beside me, full of stories and Habbakuk and giggling.

She knows where I've been. She went there with me. She's provided perspective for me more times than I can count. I'm sure it was odd for her to be giving me away, figuratively speaking anyway, to someone she'd just learned to trust with her very dear person. [She adores him, by the way.]

I am grateful she was there all along the way.











It was only fitting that she help me that morning. There is only comfort in her arms.



Before I knew it, it was 1:00. Time to leave the house. Mindy drove for 40 minutes. Snow was quickly falling in big, fat slippery flakes. 




On the way we listened to Lincoln Brewster shout out Today Is The Day and we smiled and sang those words together. TODAY IS THE DAY. Yes it was, Lincoln. Yes it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment