March 7, 2011

The Wedding Coat

I realize that I said I wasn't cold on our day and I meant it. But I didn't want to be so high on adrenaline that I ignored oncoming frostbite. I mean, it was 18 degrees and snowing in our park. Thankfully the generous, tall pine trees blocked any wind, and the snow was fluffy and not wet, but 18 degrees is still... chilly. And frostbite would not have been cool after the reception if you know what I'm saying.

So I wore my wedding coat. I ordered this beautiful thing from J.Crew months before the wedding, when we were just merely discussing a February date. We knew the wedding would be outside and I knew that meant a coat was needed and would have to be just right. Once I found the right coat and decided on the color, I ordered it. With the upgrade to Thinsulate. The coat arrived, fit, and then was put away until Saturday morning when I put it on for the very first time.

Now every time I wear it, Bryon and I will both think of the day we got married in the snow. Perfect.












Seriously. How on earth do we pick a favorite?


All photos credited to Megan Bertsch of M.Linn Studios.

3 comments:

  1. That's kind of like getting to wear your wedding dress more than once... nearly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best thing is you don't have to pick a favorite wedding picture! You just have to remember that your wedding day is the happiest day of your life (besides the birth of your children)! I'm so happy for you and your family. You were a beautiful bride!

    ReplyDelete