July 27, 2011

Weddennessday

I figured I'd better start working on my Wednesday post now to make sure I didn't miss another week of it due to some extraneous bullshit. So voila. Here I am.

I fully admit that I have been saying bullshit (or its related expletives) a lot on the blog lately. Just keeping it real. Hopefully I'm not offending anyone. Even my most devout Christian friends have told me that they appreciate the honesty and candor with which I write. I guess that means that while they might not say 'bullshit' at the supermarket, they are living vicariously through me. I think I'm okay with that, damn it.

I know you all very much want to know how the kids' summer visit with Shoes went, but I haven't posted much. I haven't posted much because I don't know where to start or what I can freely share. I know that Shoes reads the blog and while that does not bother me the least bit, I don't feel like listening to him whine about the very detailed and strongly-worded email that was sent to my attorney after the kids got home. He might not want me to mention the flea infestation or the rated-R movies that have Able Mabel now terrified of even going to the bathroom alone. So I won't blog about those things. I'll ask all of you for prayers about those things instead.

Do you know that I still have not finished the girls' embroidery? Mabel is half a unicorn from completion and what... I just quit? Shame on me. I need to be finished already. Hayley's will take weeks at this rate.
My work has basploded. My manager quit without notice so his work had to be divided between me and the guy that started ONE WEEK beforehand. It's been crippling to say the least. It's one hell of a way to advance a career, I'll tell you that! Also, I very jealously guard my time... I'll give extra at my choice but it won't come at the cost of my marriage or my children. I've always been very clear about that: God, family, then work. No negotiation. I am fully okay with that limiting my climb.

My Maytag Neptune washer is a pain in the ass. This particular brand (as it turns out, because I didn't find this bit of detail in any reviews 5 years ago) is notorious for problems with the inner clothes basket becoming unbalanced. There us no agitator (which I love) but that means it can fly around in there all crazy if its really full. Maytag didn't build it strong enough to keep up. Anyway. The hubs needs to look at it because that thing sounds like our newlywed bed during the spin cycle.

It would be nice if I could depend on Shoes to help pay for things like school clothes, supplies, or football. Good thing I got used to 'jackass' instead of nice a long time ago. (In this case, jackass is an adjective and not me calling anyone a name...because that would be disrespectful.)

I need to ask you all to pray for us. For something not related to the kids or Shoes. We are dealing with some... well, with some bullshit that cannot be avoided. Our marriage is great, which we need to pray for as well while we give this bullshit what-for. Please pray for patience, endurance, protection, and for unfailing faith in God's plan. He has a way for us. This is something I can't be more clear about, but, Friends, please pray.

I talked to Judy the other day. She is getting settled into her new apartment. She has endured a lot of changes in these past few months, and for that I am proud of her. I remain concerned about a few plans, but I have chosen to give it to God and just try to enjoy talking with her instead - even when she ignores those concerns. Hmpf.

I have some administrative help at work this month. Today my administrative help threw up on herself. I thought she sneezed when I heard it. I mean, it did sound like a juicy sneeze... Like perhaps she blew bubbles out her nose or something... but no. It was not a sneeze. It was vomit seeping all over her pink velour shirt. Part of me felt bad for her. The other part legitimately wondered how she didn't feel that coming. Random violent office-puking? Come on. I guess that's a bit judgy. Oops.

I'm in a mood today, Folks. Aren't you glad you joined me for this ride?

So, exactly what are your ideas on how best to combat a 3 year old who watched Paranormal Activity 1 and 2 and is now afraid there is a ghost waiting to eat her behind every corner?

I am intrigued (again) by Amanda Soule and her family, who have just taken on more chickens, this time to raise for meat. I am thoroughly in love with how they live off of God's land, raise farm animals with respect, and reuse to the best of their abilities.  I wish I had the time and the ability to forge ahead in suburbia to find a way to integrate my children into life the way she does. It's impressive.

New favorite song: "The Way" by Jeremy Camp. I tried to link with YouTube, but Blogger is giving me fits. Go listen!

10 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 27, 2011

    When I was in 3rd grade, I saw the Creep Show and it scared me crazy. Admittedly, 3 years is MUCH younger and I know that-just telling you my experience. I had to sleep with the hall light on for years, with a nightlight for even longer (we're talking like 13 years old) and with my blankie and bear until college. It took lots of patience and love on my parent's part. I had to feel safe again. It just takes time. Sorry that happened. Having kids of my own, I feel for you and having been scared crazy when I was little, I feel for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, friend!!! I know these crazy times when everything is going off, no matter how hard I try to be patient and faithful. I am going though a similar period. Every day is a new, fun adventure (being ironic here). Well, time heals, and God for sure heals. So I will pray for you, and you please pray for me.

    (Soooo sorry to here about Mabel and her fears. Fill her heart with beautiful, calm imagery. And lots of love.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying friend! Rebuking the devil, bathing you in prayer. Praying a hedge of protection around your family and especially for sweet Moo. That she would be empowered and know and feel safe and secure in her home. I pray the blood of Jesus over her, in Jesus name Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, certainly praying! The only thing I can think of is what I do with my oldest when he gets scared. We stop right then and there and pray. We rebuke satan outloud and call on the power of Jesus to overcome all of our fears and boot satan out of the house and our hearts. We thank Him for His love and mercy and then move on slowly trusting that Jesus is walking with us.

    I know that scriptures work also. "And the LORD, He is the one who goes before you. He will be with you, He will not leave you nor forsake you; do not fear nor be dismayed." (Deuteronomy 31:8 )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor little Moo. I don't have kids, therefore, I'm no help.

    And, for reals, I have to comment on the random violent office puking....lol! How embarrassing for her, but holy cow, that's hilarious! Poor girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh - poor Mabel. How completley horrible for her and you. As for suggestions to help - well having never seen Paranormal Activity I can only guess the type of thing she saw. Maybe showing her pictures of the actors or finding them in other (age appropiate) things so that she can see it was all made up and the people didn't really get hurt.
    If the films come with a 'making of' section on DVD could you show her bits of that, maybe how the set was built, the actors getting their make up on etc.
    Has she told you exactly what is scaring her? Maybe letting her draw things might help her get it out of her system. Did her older brothers watch the flim as well? They might be good people to help reassure her it is all made up.
    A reward chart for facing her fears? For example the bathroom. Say at the moment she has to have someone with her every time holding her hand. The first step might be people staying with her but not holding hands. Each time she manages that she gets a sticker. After say a week she gets a reward. Next week someone stays with her in the bathroom but stands to one side then at the end of a week or set number of stickers she gets another reward. The week after you stand outside the bathroom with the door open so she can see you. The week after the door is shut but you stand the other side talking to her so she can hear your voice. Well - I am sure you get the idea! Good luck and I am sorry you are having to deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AnonymousJuly 29, 2011

    I'm the first post up there and after I posted that comment I thought that maybe it was discouraging to you. I hope it wasn't. I only meant to say that it takes time and patience and love will help a lot. She'll get there. Just give her time. This is why I don't comment. I always screw it up. Sorry if I totally discouraged you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No, you were just fine! Don't ever be afraid to comment! Thank you for sharing and supporting!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jo hit it on the head on all counts.
    Prayers- lots- out loud- with Moo. Give her some control with her own words.


    It is painful to read this. To think of you not having control with the children for weeks, and being able to defend them, is nothing short of painful. I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete