March 23, 2012

If You Asked...

If you asked me.... I would tell you that I don't like stepford wifey things. Pearls make me nauseated when I put them on (love them, but can't wear them anymore). I don't say that to be offensive to anyone. After all, I used to live that way. If someone wants to chase a lifestyle they can have at it, but I might barf on them.
 
If you asked me.... I would tell you that I believe in the fundamental GOOD inside of a person and grieve if they proove themselves otherwise. It is sad how often I am disappointed.
 
If you asked me.... I would tell you that I typically have a very good grasp on the NOISE of life. Work, stress, activities, those are all noise. The meaning of my life resides in Christ Jesus, my husband whom I serve, and in caring for my children. Those must be FIRST before the noise comes in. I also don't care who knows that.
 
If you asked me.... I would tell you that I am addicted to edamame right now.
 
If you asked me.... I would tell you that I fear my children being gone for the summer. I would also tell you that I fear even more their disappointment if their dad cancels another visit.
 
If you asked me.... I would tell you that sometimes, I am terribly insecure. 
 
If you asked me.... I would tell you that I sometimes get a lump in my throat when I think how fast Mabel has grown up. It makes me sad.   
 
If you asked me.... I would tell you that I sent a text to my husband at 4am yesterday that said, "Instead of praying for God to give you strength today, I'm asking forh im to BE your strength. I'm asking him to step in and shoulder the load, as a way to protect you. I'm asking him to be your shield and sword today... Let God be your barrier in those meetings today when the bullets are aiming at you.  Love you!"
 
If you asked me.... I would tell you that I sang a song in my husband's office this week.  He's so used to me being me that he didn't look up.
 
If you asked me.... I would tell you that Shoes is on my shit list and probably will be for a good long time. I don't care who knows that one, either.
 
If you asked me.... I would tell you that Mabel knows all of the words to Firework, by Katy Perry. But her favorite song is America, by Neil Diamond. Girlfriend needs a dance routine to that one.
 
If you asked me.... I would tell you that my beer of choice is Michelob Golden Light, and they don't even sell that east of Chicago. It's a local favorite, I reckon. Fab with wings.
 
If you asked me.... I would tell you that I do not avoid confrontation. 99.99% of the time - I'm right out there with all of it. Let's dispense with the bullcrap and get down to the issue and resolve it. Life is too short to wait on everyone else.
 
If you asked me.... I would tell you that our very best good friend, Plowman, left our company for another opportunity. To say that we mourned is putting it VERY lightly. We miss him DAILY.
 
If you asked me.... I would tell you that I am incredibly hard on my husband when it comes to how much time he spends at work. This is a direct result of the scars left from my first marriage, but it exists nonetheless. It's disrespect and I'm working on it. He is different. He is not the same. He is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment