July 11, 2012

Weddennessday





 
Let me tell y'all something that's super irritating: choosing to wear a maxi skirt on the same day you chose to save some time in the shower by not shaving your legs. All day long  *scruff, scruff, scruff*. A.N.N.O.Y.I.N.G. 

LORD OF ALL THE EARTH, WE SHOUT YOUR NAME, SHOUT YOUR NAME. FILLING UP THE SKY WITH ENDLESS PRAISE, ENDLESS PRAISE. YAHWEH, YAHWEH, WE LOVE TO SHOUT YOUR NAME, OH LORD.  THERE IS NO ONE LIKE OUR GOD.  Love me some Phil Wickham.

Last week I saw a pink maxi skirt at Target on clearance, for $8.  Like an idiot, I walked away. Now it's haunting me. Husband and I are going to go look tonight. I'd put $100 on it being gone because that's how life works when your name is Rachel.

My Andy called me this week, just to chat. We talked for 30 minutes about what was going on for him. His bike, the route he rides on his bike, where he sleeps at Dad's. You know, important stuff to a 9 yr old. I miss my 9 yr old. I miss all of them. 17 days until we pick them up!  July 28 couldn't get here fast enough.

Bryon went running this morning. At 3:50am, he got up to run. He prayed and ran and thought and ran and says he feels better than he has in months. God will do that for ya.

I have struggled with my relationship with my stepdaughter this summer. Our family is no longer built to be anything less than 6. However, for 2 months out of the year (plus a few visits if they're blessed to have them) we ARE less than 6. We are only 3. For 2 months, she is desperately bored and asking for the kids. And we are desperately full of entertaining her ourselves. Oh my. We are working on this, on encouraging her to play alone and believe in her own abilities. We are working on keeping the tender heart that God gave her, but toughening her up some to life. I can honestly say that for all of the years' worth of prayers that my 3 have gotten from me... this kid is quickly catching up to them on prayer count, which is impressive considering she didn't exit my uterus. I think that sounds right, though. Gotta pray it in. I know it will all work out for us, for these next 13 years that the kids head east every summer. I have hope because we have Him.

I wish that the kids would get to visit my mother this summer. It's very sad to know they are in the same town as her - 800+ miles from me and close to her - and they haven't seen her. I am in prayer about this, Friends. Shoes would have to take them, and that means I would have to ask him. Pray with me?

1 comment:

  1. I am praying with you on the stepdaughter front and the Mother visit front too for the kiddos.

    ReplyDelete