August 15, 2012

Weddennessday




I have a polka dot blouse that I picked up the last time I was at the thrift store that I adore. It's too big for me, so I wear it all sloppy. It was $3, some off brand from a smaller department store. If I could sleep in it, I would. In fact, I just might do that soon on purpose.

I keep forgetting to wind my watch. I wonder if it will take me 20-some days to build the habit? So far, I genuinely adore it and it doesn’t bother me at all. In fact, I would prefer not to take it off, including at night. But the clasp seems to loosen while I’m rustling around the bed sheets or snarfling my werewolf. Despite the fact that it’s water resistant, I also take it off to shower. Mostly because I’d be heartbroken to wreck it.

My wonderful husband took a couple of days off of work this week and has been home with all four children. He was kind enough to also send multiple texts and emails that told me about the playing and chores they were doing to keep busy, including Hayley volunteering to mow the grass. Apparently she touches a worm and her fierce side bursts forth, so that’s amazing. Hollah!

Due to the aforementioned “vacation time” (wow, he might just shoot me for calling it that), our downstairs fireplace is now functional! Can’t wait to finish the hearth. Wonder if we can get it done by Christmas?

Bryon texted me during his time at home and said, “Got Hayley addicted to alfalfa sprouts.” Well done, I’d say.

The weather remained cooler (below 85) for a few days, and we even got a spot of rain. And then yesterday, it was 92. Today is supposed to be 96. Guess God wants to make sure we soak up enough hot summer before he dumps snow on Da Plains in a couple of months. Okay, then.

Using my iPod at work is going swimmingly. I even made a new playlist for the office: little bit of Indie (or what Bryon calls ‘Gray’s Anatomy music’), some Christian favorites, and a sprinkle of rock. It all works out quite well until I do some air guitar when nobody’s watching, except someone ends up watching and when they tap on my shoulder and I pull my earbuds out – all there is to say is, “I’m sorry. I was Bringing On The Heartache.”

Would you consider me a dork if I bragged to you first that Homeboy noticed a Snow Patrol concert was on Palladia and DVRd it for me, and then confessed to you that I sang every word from the first song to the last song? It’s okay. You can.

I do NOT drink enough water. Not by any stretch of the imagination. I used to be so good about hydrating but now, not so much. This is something I need to work on daily. I would bet most of us fit into this same category.

I love that my husband’s idea of a good time can include laying lawn brick and talking about fescue for hours. While I do not share this perspective (and perhaps because I do not), I find his interests intriguing. This will also come in handy next year when we rip the swingset down and plant a raised bed garden. I am a good helper but we all know my thumbs are pink and not green. I am destined to be lawn sidekick.

The next two weeks for our family will be complete chaos. School starts on different days for everyone, Mabel begins preschool 3 days a week, gymnastics starts again, and football practices turn into games. I’ve written a calendar on the chalkboard wall but, People, it’s fierce. I’m still missing a few school supplies, a backpack for the preschooler, and doctor’s appointments for immunizations. Let’s all pray the collection parents’ prayer of peace relating to all things ‘back to school’ shall we? Yeesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment